Monday, April 1, 2013

Crazy 8's Saturday w/ Tracy's Racing

This was my second time doing an event with Tracy's Racing.  There is this 8 day event called Crazy 8's.  You can either run one day, or 8 days, or anywhere in between.  You get to choose the distance:  5k, 10k, half or full marathon.  If you do all 8 days, you get a pool ball for each day.  There are gender 1st & 2nd place for all distances too. 

I had wanted to try and make it for all 8 days, but knew because of the expense it wouldn't be possible.  Race registration is actually very inexpensive (please visit www.tracysracing.com for more details). 

My race day album can be found on my facebook page on the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200437821721819.1073741829.1044716918&type=1&l=dc758f3a0c

I can't say enough positive things about this race.  My goal for the day was to shoot some pictures of the other runners, spend time with my running family, and get in a 5k (so I could earn some new bling).  While it was a little windy, and there was a few drops of rain, it was a perfect day to be outside. 

I was still feeling a little bit of a twinge in my left calf from my full 2 weeks prior so I knew I would not be doing much running.  Having been on the course before (for the MLK triple), I knew where the turn around was.  Lake Merced is a 4.5 mile loop.  Depending on which distance you choose, you just keep running around in a circle until you get there.  For those of you counting, no worries about going over your distance for the full or half.  There is a bridge that makes it perfect, you just cut across and it keeps your distance right on track.  The 5k and 10k's both have volunteers out there to make sure you turn around at the right spot as well.

I am hoping to one day be able to do all 8 days of the Crazy 8's.  There is a spring and a fall addition of this event.  If you do them back to back, you have a chance to earn all 16 balls for your efforts!!  Just too much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment