Sunday, March 24, 2013

End of the Trail half marathon and 10k

This race was one I had been wanting to run but unable to because of timing issues.  Was so excited when I saw it was a date I had open.  Only problem was it was the weekend after my first full, and I was scared I wouldn't be able to successfully complete it.  While I walked the entire thing, I am still glad I did it.  I was able to meet some new friends, and see a few run past me on their way to the finish.  With all of the blossoms we passed, it could almost be another Blossom Trail run.  :) 

I got to spend most of the morning with my new friend Juanita.


And some of my old friends I saw along the way, like Josette.


My left calf was pretty tore up by the time I finished, and my blister from the marathon had started to come back a little, but still consider it successful overall.  I can't remember the last time I was at Mooney's Grove.  Anyone living in the area needs to make a trip out to walk around out there.  Anyone reading this, I would love to meet up for a run/walk, just let me know when.  Another great Central Valley event.  I think my favorite part was the ice cream at the finish!!  Picked up a cool Visalia Runners hoodie too. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there next year.  Just hope I can run it this time.  Thank you to the RD for allowing the walkers to start an hour early.  This made signing up more appealing to me.  Thank you also to all of the volunteers out there.  Our students did a great job showing supported for everyone and always with a smile, even when there were guarding a turnaround and were no doubt bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment