Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Ambassadors

I wanted to take a minute to breathe and put my thoughts together and say thank you to a few people.
To start, thank you to Renegade Race Series!  I have loved this group of runners since 2011 when I took my parents down to Buena Park to take part in their first ever event, The Coaster Run 5k!  Getting to run Knotts Berry Farm with my parents was such an amazing day for me.  They asked me to be a part of their team in 2014.  Has been such an amazing experience to be a part of their family.  I have met so many amazing people that I know consider family.  Please visit www.renegaderaceseries.com to check out all of our 2016 events.  My code is JULIADISCOUNT for 10% off  your entry.

Love my Renegade family and can't thank them enough for being a part of my journey.

They did 2011 and 2012 with me.  So proud of my parents.  While they no longer do events, they do almost always get a 2 mile walk in together.  Dad calls it a "forced march."

Then, sometime in October, I made a random comment on a Facebook feed and the next thing I know, The Santa Rosa Marathon is asking me to be a part of their team.  I first ran with them in 2012 when I completed the half marathon.  They got me with their marketing when they had Snoopy in their booth at the Two Cities expo.  The thought of running through the city with Charles Schultz created my favorite cartoon was all the reason I needed to sign up.

The same expo booth got me again in 2014 when I realized they had added the Downtown 5k, which would feature the entire Peanuts gang on the medal and the shirt!  SCORE!  Many people might not understand why anyone would travel 3+ hours for a 5k run, but when Peanuts are involved, DUH is all I can say.  Visit http://www.thesantarosamarathon.com/ to register and use code JULIAFRESNO10 to save $10 off your registration.  

 Finishing up the Cedar Point half marathon (the mecca of Snoopy parks with the most amazing coasters on the planet) while sporting my Downtown 5K 2014 shirt!
Finishing up half marathon #3 in 3 days while sporting my 2012 half marathon shirt.

And now, I have been asked to be a part of the #Nuunbassador program with Nuun Hydration!  I have used only Nuun for almost 4 years now.  I always have Nuun in my glass, not just in my bottle when I am running.  It keeps me hydrated all day long and have actually switched from big gulps while driving to drinking Nuun caffeine (favorite flavor is Cherry Limeade).   Don't have any photos in their gear yet but if you haven't tried it, let me know and I will be happy to share some of my stash.  Visit www.nuun.com to order your favorite flavor or just ask when  you see me (as I always have a tube to share).


No comments:

Post a Comment