Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rocket Racing double weekend

Spring Blast & Mother's Day run's with Rocket Racing.....

Saturday didn't start off the best for me.  I didn't see a GPS address on the website so I went by my sense of direction when I couldn't get my computer to log on the morning of the race.  After showing up 20 minutes late to the Huntington Beach location and finally locating the RD, I knew I was not going to get in my half marathon I was registered for. 

When I mentioned this to the RD he said just to keep track on my Garmin and keep track on when to turn around.  Decided on the 10k since I was just not feeling it and the humidity seemed to be more than I was ready for.  Felt good, despite the dripping by the one mile marker. 



This was a very low key event with registration open to only 25 people.  There was bling involved!  Not sure what I am trying to say in this picture but love my leg muscles!

Sunday took my to Santa Monica, a location I am a little more familiar with and there was a GPS location, so I was more than on time and ready to go.  Had made the mistake of watching the news the night before, confirming my suspicions of high humidity.  I knew before leaving the gate I would not be doing the 15K I was supposed to, opting for another 10k instead. 



Met a lot of great people and look forward to taking part in another Rocket Racing Productions event.  This new friend was finishing her 1st 5k and I like to think I helped make her miles a little more enjoyable for the final mile in.  Please visit www.rocketracingproductions.com for a complete list of their events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment