Thursday, March 26, 2015

Coaster Run

Renegade Race Series Coaster Run 5k & 10k

This event has held a special place in my heart since I first ran it in 2011.  This was the first event my parents wore a race bib.  This is also my happiest place on earth.  Knotts Berry Farm is filled with many happy childhood memories and has always been my favorite amusement park.  Being able to share my love of running with my family only added to my love of the park, the sport, and all things Snoopy.

In 2013, Renegade listened to its runners and worked closely with Knott's to make it so we could start going through the park.  This was a major turning point in the coolness factor for not only myself, but most participants.  And the signature boysenberry pie at the finish line is the lasting reason to lace up your shoes.


I am honored to be a part of the Renegade Race Series family for a second year in a row.  I am honored to toe the line with all of the families who take part in this event.  I am grateful to all of the volunteers who make this event (and all others) possible.  I am humbled to be a part of the running community and have so many wonderful people as my friend because of this great sport!





Add caption






Thank you to all of the faces who have helped make this event so memorable for me over the years.  I look forward to all the years to come with each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment