Monday, March 24, 2014

Shamrock Shuffle 5k


St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Shuffle 5k in Lemoore, CA

This was my first time running in the city of Lemoore and I look forward to going back.  I had a great time meeting a new group of Central Valley runners and exploring a new city on my feet.  A great family atmosphere and I would highly recommend trying it out next year.  Even had a local group of girl scouts on hand in case you were looking for some cookies.

The volunteers and traffic directors were friendly all along the course as well as the ladies working packet pick-up in the morning.  Most of the runners were friendly and welcoming as well.  Ended up giving my ear/antlers to a young lady runner who was playing on the swing set as I walked to my car.  She called out, "I love your ear" as I walked by, so I asked if she would like to have them.  I got the biggest smile and a "Thank you".  Only wish I had gotten a picture of her wearing them.
 

With my friend Emelia before the race.  She went on to win the best costume of the morning, so proud of her.

The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place Age Group awards (done in bronze, silver, and gold), as well as the overall trophies and the trophy for best costume.

Some of the best costume contestants.

More of the best costume contstants.

Location of the start/finish area for the event.

My shirt and bib for the morning.  Since I wasn't speedy enough to win an AG award, I gave myself a pair of Gizmo Socks instead to celebrate another half marathon finish.

One of the more animated race t-shirts in my collection.  Only thing that could have made it better was if it wasn't white.
Another successful local event in the books.  Look forward to my next running adventure in the city of Lemoore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment