Monday, October 21, 2013

Run with Realtors 5k and CVC Cavilers 5k

These were both new events for me this year.  I signed up for both to help feed into my quest for a 5k a day.  Only thing I wish I had done was take more pictures of both.  The Realtors event had some booths set up after for everyone to wonder around and pick up some information about various things.  There was plenty of refreshments at the finish too as many of the vendors had snacks and drinks for the runners. 

 Start line with everyone getting ready to go.  This was by far one of the most friendliest groups I have come across.  Seemed everyone knew someone and if you didn't they would still welcome you with a smile!
 After the finish in the parking lot.
 My KT Tape application for the day.  I love this stuff!
 Relaxing with Katie in the backyard after a shower and some lunch/breakfast.  Don't know who was more sleepy.
Since there was no bling, I rewarded myself with another new pair of Gizmo Socks!  My feet are so happy when they are in Gizmo.

CVC 5k:  Another great local run.  I recognized many of the faces, aside from the being all grown up.  I was also able to spend almost the entire race visiting with my friend Vera.  Vera has grandchildren who go to school at Central Valley Christian and at least one on the cross country team who this event was benefiting.  Only regret for this one was not getting a picture of us together.  

This was a very well organized race.  There were cross country students all along the course to make sure you didn't get lost.  And they were out there until the very end.  They also had a slightly modified course for those with strollers so you didn't have to worry about getting stuck or getting a flat tire when we went off road.  

I was able to keep up with my friend Vera until about a quarter mile from the finish.  I had to walk in a part of it and she ended up coming in about a minute faster than I did.  Again I found myself just sitting down at the finish line with my water bottle and banana.  Look forward to doing this one again next year.

No bling so another new pair of Gizmo Socks earned for this one!  Earned the matching hat the next day when I celebrated my 4 week completion of a 5k a day outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment